Wednesday 30 April 2014

YES...I want to write a story!!!

“ Where dainty fairies fly with their wings wide open,
Where lush greenery has no end, where all rules are broken!
Where cows loiter around, with bells around their neck,
Where phoenix of imagination, rises from a wreck!
That’s the land, where my story belong,
Where the essence of living is felt lifelong”
Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


As a kid, I was a dreamer. I dreamt of the existence of fairy land, where “All iz well!” However, as more candles got added to my birthday cake, the light of imagination deemed. As “Realistic syndrome” struck me!
But that’s the process of growing up and evolving as an individual and is inevitable. 
I wanted to write a story then, I want to write a story now!

The main protagonist remained the same, but the layers of her life changed, the backdrop changed! Fairies waved their magical wand and fixed all mess then, but now my girl has become tougher, she is a fighter and deals with her life, her own way. Yes, I want to write a story and give her life, give life to my imagination. The story of your life and mine, the pathos of today’s woman, which is often misinterpreted! I want to portray those deepest feelings of the modern woman, whose free spirit is no more tied with the fetters of the bourgeois society. Who is literate, liberal and loving! My story will be about “ Urban woman and their sensibilities”.


She gets up early morning, to greet her husband with a cup of tea as he gets up. Even during her crucial client presentation, when the clock strikes three, her mind visualizes her kid, waiting for his school bus, she takes a minute off to pray that he boards the bus and reaches home safely. “ I hope he has, had his tiffin”!! She says in her mind. While starting her drive back home, instead of thinking about her own comforts, she recalls that her husband must have started his drive back home as well. She silently prays, for his safe drive. “Hope roads are less jammed today, he often looses his cool in such situations…O god the city is so crowded”!! She sighs.


Often striving hard to make a mark in the male chauvinistic corporate environment and sometimes-apathetic family life. 


The woman of today is of substance; she is careerist and dynamic, yet the deepness of her inner being always lingers in search of compassion, in search of a soul that comprehends her deep felt emotions. My narrative will be about her, her feeling and her being. It will be a salute to the “Durgas” of today!!!

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

7 comments:

  1. So your book will celebrate awesomeness coz that's what Stree-Shakti & Durgas are about!
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I am able to depict the awesomeness well and do full justice to it...:-)
    Thank u...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great one! Talks about the real pillars of every household! Though I am not a mom, being a working wife in itself is handling two roles. One roles pays you in cash and the other in kind. Enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a working wife too, not a mom yet :-)...but as u rightly said its quite a challenge to work and look after the household...N thank u for ur appreciation..

      Delete