Friday 12 August 2016

The Woking Mama-restaurant review

Main land China has been my all-time favourite Chinese eatery. I just adore to see and feel the Hunan and Szechuan sauces embrace the prawns, chicken…yummy! And also because of its nearness to the place I live, whenever there is a craving for Chinese, I, I mean, we land there. But last Saturday we were in a shopping mall which is unfortunately not the home for this favourite diner of ours and then there was this urgent craving for Chinese….oops!! So we landed laden with uncertainty, indecision, and dubiety on this place called “The Woking Mama” to satiate our craving.

But as soon as we entered, the décor struck me. It was pretty homely, non-flashy, earthy and creative. The painted lamps, wooden furniture…it’s not bad…aha! The waiters were cordial, to friendly, to jovial…it’s kind of good…aha! And then the food, well that’s most important and I am not going to spare even a single star if that is not good enough!!



The above two images are taken from Google

And this is me, a badly captured one though
but just for the drink and the chopstick thing

To start with we ordered, Chef’s special chilli chicken and a mocktail whose name I completely forgot. Ok fine! I admit chilli chicken is a cliché choice, but it’s ok once in a while…yes the fancy names sucks at times. Well, jokes apart, it is worth mentioning that the mocktail was ordered on the recommendation of a staff boy, who was really sweet and friendly. And we actually loved the drink, it was pure, chilled grape juice with small pieces of apple in it and probably sweetened externally to combat the occasional sour of grapes. Loved it and also the starter. For main course we ordered Woking Mama yang zhou fried rice and Prawns with bell pepper, chilli and basil. The rice was a bit spicier than we had expected, but the prawn making was a thorough delicacy.



Overall Woking Mama was a great experience and now has joined my favourite “Pan Asian eatery” list. I recommend it to people who love to explore new joints and make eating a little more than just that.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta
visit my website: http://www.talestotell.co.in/
Address: 
The Woking Mama
Korum Mall
Khopat 
Thane west
(They have a branch in Guwahati, in case you are interested)

No comments:

Post a Comment