Thursday 19 January 2017

Olive Bar and Kitchen-for experiencing the aura...

pic courtesy : Google Images

Mumbai is a city of diversity in many ways but the most evident one, is the diversity in economic status. We being part of the urban middle class, get to visualize both the strata closely. At one end, we cannot afford to live in a bubble, on the other hand, we do have certain expectations from life, which may or may not fit our pockets. 

Having said all these, I must inform my reader, that this post has got nothing to do with the economic anomaly or anything close to that. When I visited a celebrated eatery in Bandra recently, the aberration struck my whims.  

Well, the eatery under discussion is "Olive Bar and Kitchen". Situated on the famous "Nargis Dutt Road", this one is known for celebrity spotting, kind of pleonasm, isn’t it? 

Me and my husband Avishek, was there to celebrate his birthday, I wanted to treat him in some special place. And while doing my research, I was attracted to this, one, because of its unique décor and two, I won’t lie, its glamorous guest list. Being in Mumbai, always gives you the feeling, that you are too close to the glitz, yet cannot be a part of it. So at times, we tend to get inebriated with this whim.
Candle-light Dinner


As expected, the best part of “Olive Bar and Kitchen”, was indeed its ambiance and distinctive décor. The outdoor sitting arrangement, was no doubt more attractive than indoors, but unfortunately we got to sit inside, given to dearth of available seats outside.

The led twinkles on the tree and the white couches laid on sand and pebble, made ‘olive’ unique. Even the inside adorned the softness of candlelight.  Indeed the illumination and darkness, was intricate and alluring.

Coming to food, the experience was just ‘OK’. Scanning through the menu card with many international cuisines, we ordered Chicken Risotto and penne pasta in white sauce. While pasta was great, we could not appreciate the Risotto much. However, I loved my “Tropical Mojito” and he had a beer.

Food and fun

Though we could not spot any actor, we did spot famous director R.Balki of Cheeni Kum, and the more recent Ki & Ka fame with wife Gauri Shinde, of English Vinglish and Dear Zindagi fame.


Overall, it was a good experience and the ambiance gave me many creative insights. I recommend it to my friends, to experience its aura and depending on choice of food, you might be lucky on that front too.




Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment