Wednesday 22 July 2015

For a cup of tea by the waters

Nature beckons me, lovingly and passionately. I have always been like that at the bottom of my heart. I dreamt of witnessing many exotics across the globe. I dreamt and dream big. But that does not stop me from appreciating the minute sources of immense beauty around. Since I shifted to Thane, I have  heard a lot of the Thane Creek. They say flamingoes come there in huge numbers and construct a frame absolutely beautiful to behold. But I have not been being lucky enough to experience that yet. However just last Sunday, I went there, to Thane creek. No there were no flying beauties, yet it was beautiful, very, immense. Mumbai is a visual  treat when the rains hit the Ghats and turn them to green extravagance. 

The drive from my house to the creek is a mere 15 minutes. But it was fulfilling. The sky was overcast with occasional downpours. When we reached the place, it was a menacing grey. Water filled the body to the brim and was deliciously tranquil. It was drizzling and the breeze with the droplets of water in it smelled sweet and fresh. Many anchored boats with the fishermen in it, floated rhythmically with the wind. It looked splendid, the water, the surrounding mountains and the boats. Many families had gathered for tea by the waters, and so were we. 

It rained, we sat inside the car getting mentally drenched in the incessant downpour and drinking tea. That is what I call bliss! Some pics taken by me, I have shared. Have a romantic monsoon!





Beautifully etched pictures of Nature

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

8 comments:

  1. So, you are enjoying Thane. Looks beautiful and I agree rain adds beauty to nature, specially those lush green locales. In case you visit again and spot flamingoes, share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Saru will do that...and thanks for reading and liking :-)

      Delete
  2. Couldn't agree more, mother nature's aura unfolds fascinatingly in rains.. beautiful write up and those lovely pics acting as icing on the cakes !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manish....truely its beautiful when it rains....the greenery turning greener and the grey sky...Oh I just love it!

      Delete
  3. Monsoon surely adds to the beauty of such places.... Nice pictures, Aritra... :-)

    ReplyDelete