Sunday 5 July 2015

Mahesh Lunch Home- our Sunday indulgence


When your cook is on leave and it is a lazy Sunday, there are two ways to happiness. Indulge into some awesome cooking or just pay a visit to a place with delectable cuisine. We narrowed down to the second option after a bit of introspection. We chose a place very near our house in Thane; it is called “Mahesh Lunch Home”. This one is a famous sea food destination, with five branches across Mumbai.  Unfortunately we had never been there before, though the distance is a bare 500 meters.  But as they say better late than never, we ultimately visited it for lunch today.

The interior of the Restaurant 


View from the place

Frankly, it was quite an indulgence I would have to confide. Starting with golden fried prawns as the starter, to Chicken Kadai with Apam and followed by my favorite desert caramel custard, we enjoyed every bit of it.

Yummy Golden Fried Prawns

Caramel Custard-caressing my taste buds still 

It is worth mentioning that the ambience of the place is great and food tastes heavenly, especially the sea food part. A special mention of the great quality prawns cooked with conviction. I loved the greatly cooked chicken and Apam combination, a first for me. But the yummy icing to the delicious cake was the caramel custard; I loved every spoon of this one. However in my next visit I would love to taste some more of the coastal extravaganza. But overall Mahesh Lunch Home made our Sunday special.

Happy after the meal

Both of us enjoyed the food

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment