Monday 28 September 2015

REHEARSING FOR OUR UPCOMING PLAY (DURGA PUJA 2015)

My growing up days were magical. I believe that has made me whatever I am, my love for nature, my love for writing...everything. My parents have given me and my sisters the best possible blend of independence, culture and acceptance.  They always taught me to face the world straight into the eyes...because if you are correct, you have nothing to fear. This same conviction has given me the confidence to face the audience, since I was a little kid, the stage has always summoned and embraced me.

Since the last three Durga Pujas that I have spent in Mumbai, I have participated in plays. Really the stage gives you chances to play many lives in one, and that's what is unique. The minutes or hours, that you spend with the spot light and pancake on you, makes you believe, think and behave differently. You forget who you are. Sometimes you are moody, sometimes nagging and sometimes unbelievingly righteous.

But "the day" is always too short, hectic and tensed, the real frolic is hidden during the rehearsals. Rehearsals are more than just rehearsing, they are means to bond with people, who share your passion. The candidness and beauty of the journey fills the within, with enough warmth to last a lifetime. Even today when I think of the rehearsals of my childhood participations, a shiny grin lightens up my face. Memories, memories and more memories, cherished moments!! The last three years with SPANDAN has filled me similarly. This association is unique in ways one than one, I have received immeasurable love from everyone. And hence the Durga Puja days sees me and my hardcore Kolkatian husband Avishek in Mumbai. Because Spandan is no less than family.

Each year Spandan comes up with a unique theme for Welcoming the Goddess of Empowerment, the symbol of equality and beyond. This year we aim at  "REDISCOVERING ROOTS". Our awesome Natok Group, is sweating it out to bring out the best in all of us....a few of the pics taken during rehearsals are shared below.






Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

1 comment: