Sunday 28 February 2016

STRINGS ATTACHED

Did you ever listen to the rippling waters?
Did you hear their plea?
Did you fly with the migratory birds?
Did you swim in the sea?

Did you follow the springs to their destinations?
Did you kiss the dew?
Did you witness the rainbow form?
Did you ever sink to the deep blue?

These questions I ask to my deceased soul
Caught in the mist of dwindling life
When will the fetters loose
And will I fly to the land of blooming flowers?

The traveler, the dreamer, the narrator in me
Tries to seek escape
Escape to the world of nature's abundance
Only to be lost in life's baffling maze.

An then I realize you sleeping by my side
My dreams devoid you appear too far fetched
And I relish the fact
That I have strings attached.

Strings that complete my life and living
Strings that bind our souls
Strings that make me the woman I am
They describe my life's roles.



Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment