Sunday 20 December 2015

Dilwale - Failed to capture my Dil

Movies across the world, have always given iconic moments, iconic dialogues. Whether it is "the Titanic pose" or "Mogambo Khush hua", good narrations and intellectual creations have always led to remember worthy characters, situations, songs or even jodis (meaning: leading pair). And at least in India, when we speak of Iconic Jodi...it is no rocket science to guess, the names that top the radar is "Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol". Charming chemistry, ease of togetherness and candid appearance, had made them the most drolled after leading pair, inspite of not being the most good-looking one. But off-course they have managed to look that adorable, desirable pair on screen, always and forever. Yes, believe me, even in the most recent of Rohit Shetty's cinematic disasters called "Dilwale." Yeah, it's true that Shetty has entertained us with his Golmaal series and more. His colorful creations, car explosions, exotic locales are definitely visual treats, but what about the content? Don't they say, that with great success comes great responsibilities. In a country like India, not every one has crores of rupees laying egg in their bank accounts. Yet, we pay to see cinema, only in the hope of entertainment. So is it fair, to lure audiences only in the name of their icons and serve them crap? I know, if "Happy New Year" was a hit, then "Dilwale" will also be so. But where is morality and responsibility towards the millions who waited to see their hero "Shah Rukh Khan"  with his best pairing ever "Kajol"? Only God knows!

Now coming to the movie, my readers already know I did not like it. But believe me I tried to, inspite of hearing only negative comments, I dared seeing it, because I wanted to witness my dream shatter in front of my eyes, but there was some hidden hope as well. May be over expectation led to the negative reviews, is what my heart wanted to believe. But No...Rohit Shetty, completely messes up everything (nothing original though) and makes the most cliche scenes, dialogues and story possible. A bit of "Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam" and other movies, takes "Dilwale"  from being the most awaited to the most unwanted movie of the season. There is nothing that you have not seen already in the story, so I won't waste time writing about it. But there were some high points, great car-show, very colourful picturisation, wonderful songs which were like relief valves, making breathing space after a period of torture and off-course "Shah-Rukh and Kajol" who manage to shine though vulnerable depiction of passionate love and good acting even in that hopeless desert of nonsense. For Varun and Kriti, I believe they were misused and miscast, the plot required infants for that kind of IQ.

At the end, I just want to say that if this movie had a moving storyline, we could have had another "DDLJ" but alas no one cares to give the audience the share of good show, which they deserve in return of their love for the stars.



Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

8 comments:

  1. I heard this is a good one, but then i heard a bad review earlier also.
    Guess, i should pass this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely not worth the money n time... Watch it only if u can endure the torture for Shah Rukh n Kajol!

      Delete
    2. Hahaha...I am not watching it!

      Delete
    3. Wise Decision I would say...

      Delete
  2. I'm hearing a lot of bad reviews for Dilwale, most of my friends didn't like it too. I haven't watched it and don't plan on either. Not a fan of Rohit Shetty Movies.

    - Style.. A Pastiche - Drop by some time. - www.styleapastiche.com

    ReplyDelete