Saturday 7 May 2016

Capital Social-haven for foodies

Our plan was to devour Parsi delicacies in the famous eatery in BKC "Soda Bottle Openerwala". But little did we know that it was way too crowded in a hot summer Sunday afternoon compared to our meagre anticipation. A blunt declaration of "2 hours waiting" pushed our energy levels drastically down. BKC has no dearth of eating joints, but Parsi food was what our tongues urged for desperately. However something is better than nothing so we opted for the restaurant just beside "Soda Bottle Openerwala" called "Capital Social". And thankfully they assured on tad bit waiting of half an hour. And offcourse, how could I forget!!! Just before we entered we spotted "Shreya Ghoshal", the famous singer, in case you don't know, enter "Capital Social", which slightly increased our enthusiasm.

To start with, the guy at the reception was warm and interactive. His quality evokes positivity about the place before you have entered it. Since we were six adults and a one year old, they gave us a seat where the child could be comfortable. Giggles, frolic and bit a tangy gossip had already started to spice up the afternoon. Unfortunately I had some colicky symptoms the night before and hence refrained from too much indulgence.


We placed quite an elaborate order and I don't remember the names of any. As I was not in-charge of making the choices, I did not go through the menu card. I just ordered fish and chips for myself as it appeared to be slightly on the lower side of spicy. 


Capital Social

Food for life...food for thought!!

"Capital Social" decorated on the theme of "communism" and its related aspects reminded of old Kolkata, with an elaborate use of the "hammer and sickle" communist logo. It had a different air about its ambience I would say. But what surprised us most, were the prices, incredibly low for the taste and quality, which makes "Capital Social" a haven for foodies with varying pocket sizes.


Our gang having fun!!!

I specially loved the tender meat on the nachos, the taste has remained with me. Having said that, all the dishes we ordered were absolute up to the mark, and inspite of trying to refrain from overindulgence, I did taste each of them.

I and my friends am sure, will highly recommend this place to people who love to have experimental food and an utter extravagant food experience.


All of us, pleased after the meal

A bit of posing, can't do without


Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment