Saturday 28 May 2016

My City of dreams-Mumbai

As a kid I grew up amidst lush greenery
Shadowy meadows and thorny bushes of berry
Fast and furious city life was a menace to me
Nothing more repulsive, nothing more scary!
But time got me to face challenges new
The secured hamlet ceased to bestow its glorious hue
The scorching city sun glared at me
I missed the sylvette beauty and the drops of dew!
Tick, Tock, Tick time moved on
And against my awareness my thoughts evolved
I learnt to drink from the glass of fun
A craze for this madness eventually developed!
Though the first rendezvous was not long back
Yet the presence of this dreamy city has grown on me
From marine drive and the necklace of the queen
To colorful "chowpati" life by the Arabian Sea!
This city and its virtues are numerous and more
Be it the heavenly rains and the smell of roasted corn
Or the happening nightlife with glittery and gloss
It gives a life full of life, no spare to forlorn!

A city that houses art and literature
A city that evokes that craft
A city that harness the dreamer in you
And your hidden sensibilities updraft!


“Vada Pao”, “Pao Bhaji” or “cutting chai”
Or the illuminating festivities on “Ganesh Chathurthi”
This city and it’s numerous shades of life
Leaves me awestruck, whatever the occasion be!

Mumbai teaches you to be a Marathon runner
Ceaseless effort and countless hurdle
And at the finishing line you stand successful
Proud of your entity with eyes full of sparkle!

But to me this city is my little apartment
From my merry dark corner I watch the city-light
I experience the cacophony of delectable life
From the sky touching corner of my nest of love, in the darkness of the night!


pic courtesy google images



Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta





No comments:

Post a Comment