Saturday 22 November 2014

The story of an Aspiring Traveler.....Lufthansa

“While it glided laminar through the clouds in full glory,
I sat silently gazing out through the window and witnessing the chef d'oeuvre.
I did not know if I looked down at the city or the city lights looked up at me,
But we maintained eye contact with awe as if forever.
While the sun rays got asphyxiated and entangled in the clouds,
While the distance between me and my dreamland decreased,
I wondered why God did not give the means to witness his created magnum opus to all,
Because his creation so deserves an eye of appreciation.”

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

I do not know if can call myself a traveler, because to be honest I have not travelled much. Studies, job etc have kept me too busy to let myself wander on the unknown grounds. But can I call myself an aspiring traveler? I guess yes, I aspire to travel, to touch untouched lands, to hear stories from the old shopkeeper, to witness folk dances….yes I want to experience it all. Life is too short and the world is too beautiful to be missed a glance. So I just want to accumulate enough means to chase my dreams, or rather make my dreams chase me.


pic courtesy google images

My dreams are a thoroughfare to lead me to incredibility of the creation of both him and us. I dip my feet in the blue waters of the Pangong Lake, I see and paint the fall colors both on canvas and mind, I get drenched by the gushing Niagara, I sing with my eyes closed on the Gondola and I see the skyscrapers in Frankfurt awestruck. My demanding self has a never ending list of destinations to touch and then put on the crown of being a traveler.

When I came across the Indivine topic posted by Lufthansa (Lufthansa A380- The dawn of a new era), my fancies almost instantly got intrigued. A topic which is so me! “Was the competition tailor made to provide me with a vent to emote?” I thought aloud. “I guess not, but was there anything wrong in thinking so, it’s like overindulgence, which is ‘OK’ once in a while.” I chuckled away alone in my cubicle.

Well, I did not know much about Lufthansa before coming across this contest (its not that I did not have the basic idea though…..ha ha), but this occurrence forced me to go to my most learned friend Google for some insight. Lufthansa, derived from the German word Luft (meaning Air) and Latin term Hansa (meaning Guild), I thought is an appropriate and well researched name for an airline giant like it is. And there is tinge of dreaminess attached to the name, as if; it brings dreams to reality, a dream trader…sort of! As soon as my learned friend, torch bore to the massiveness of the organization, I started feeling a sense of pride, on the thought of it spreading its hue in my lovely country India. Afterall my nation is a unique blend of varying topography and culture. It has a lot to offer to the world audience and hence any door that leads to unveiling its charisma is dear to be, as an Indian.

Now if anybody from a different country reads this. Here’s my incredible India album. A few pictures from my travel desk! I guess this might increase your want to see my beloved motherland.
The captures are mine or my friends'.

Majestic Blues, Pangong lake, Leh Ladakh (Kashmir):



My tropical paradise, Goa:



Guards at the border, The magnificent Himalayas:



God's own country, Kerala:




Now the vice versa is also so very true. It also opens more and many more doors to aspiring travelers like me to see, what I die to see, THE WORLD. And it is needless to say “the bigger the better”, because the queue of aspiring travelers is too long. A peek-a-boo to their site “The Lufthansa India website” (http://a380.lufthansa.com/TAKEPART/#/DE/EN/home) promised that it’s tailored just for me in terms of comfort/Indianness and the animation used is very luring to the onlooker.

Now coming out of my literary and dreamy limbo, but only a bit <wink>! I really loved the video on Lufthansa A380 (#LufthansaA380, the video is included at the end of this post), it sort of waves a wand to summon you to start a new journey, promising class and comfort. It will (literally) carry us away from our capital to Frankfurt, with love and comfort (but off-course we have to pay for this extravaganza, if only I win this contest things may be different <wink again>). However, Lufthansa’s Giant Green A380 is another step towards opening the mutual admiration society of India and Germany. Hence a proud moment for me as an Indian and also as an aspiring traveler!


                                                                                  pic courtesy google images

Plunging back to my favorite space, I want to end with few more verses I engineered for this contest:

“As the wind whistles for start,
It is time for me to depart.
It is time for me to experience the world,
While my craft glided and whirled.
Here I come to assimilate your being,
Round and round I go geeing.
And when I stop with a jolt,
My traveler crown is witnessed in my front.”


pic courtesy google images

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

1 comment: