Tuesday 7 April 2015

A musical night and more – Arijit Singh Live


It’s been a little more than two years in this city of lights and dreams, Mumbai. Yet I have never had the opportunity of a being a part of any live concert (sad face) before this Sunday (happy face). My husband Avishek and two of our closest buddies accompanied me to the rendezvous with the musical sensation, Arijit Singh. 
Happy to be heading towards music
The Yo pose!:-)

Frankly thanks to the lack at the organizer’s part, initially I was disappointed as unknown and kind of very ordinary singers started singing. Along with one of the dumbest host (a stupid lady in pink) ever seen or heard of. But thankfully the torture ended as soon as Arijit took the stage at around 7:30 in the evening. And what an end to that tormenting phase, “Kyunki Tum hi ho” echoed through the soothing wind that flowed past the 10000 people gathered to have a musical evening.
Nilesh, Shalaka,me and Avishek

I have always been an ardent fan of Arijit Singh but hearing him sing live was an altogether different experience. Truly a music maestro of this generation, silky voice and high in skill, a complete natural on stage. His ease with the art is commendable, no doubt he is currently one of the best in tinsel town. Without apparently trying to make the audience shake a leg, he completely bowled them over with the pureness and tranquility of music. As he moved from one romantic number to another, the ambience was as if painted with the different hues of love. It was overwhelming to find everyone, including us sing with him in monotone. Arijit Singh is a singing sensation back in Bengal as well, so I expected him to sing at least one of those numerous hits. Though he did not sing much, yet he did sing one line of a famous Bengali song, “Bhebe dekhecho ki tararao jeno alok borsho dure”. It felt as if the mystic rhythm floated across from a distant star and echoed through my veins like an electrifying sensation and unified with my heart. I believe the same was experienced by all bongs as this song is very close us. The serene experience continued till ten in the night and as expected he ended with “Kabira”, driving the entire crowd crazy.

They say only heartless people can refrain from loving flowers, music and babies, and true it is. The love for music was felt so warmly on Sunday that I have decided never to give a miss to any of Arijit Singh’s live concerts in Mumbai. Arijit if you are reading this one, please sing at least one stanza of any of your Bengali hits, in your next concert, it will be an awesome experience for bongs and non bongs alike. Singers like you make singing meaningful, loved and treasured. Though we paid for tickets, yet thanks for the experience as no money is enough to buy a piece of peace.
Arijit Singh Live- Kharghar (5.4.2015)
pic courtesy google

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

6 comments:

  1. Amazing experience to be at live concerts. I have been to one by Shreya Ghoshal in Bangalore long back and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truely amazing, I too want to attend one of Shreya Ghoshal's...lets see when I get the chance!

      Delete
  2. wow... sounds like an amazing experience... its been quite a while since I attended one...
    thanks for sharing Aritra :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Archana it was awesome and thanks for liking :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Aritra, Can you please contact me asap, this is regarding your gift vou vouchers :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ritika, as I am in office and unfortunately i will not be able to access my yahoomail....But I can access mobile twitter....Shall I use that to contact u?

      Delete