Sunday 8 November 2015

Pyar Ka Punchnama 2- A movie review

I am a strange person! Believe me I am! Actually I am seldom able to judge the direction in which my mind flows or desires to flow. I donot know what is the syndrome termed in psychiatry but I feel helpless at times. Do you have similar problems?  Oh! What did you say? Yes?? Cool then I am not alone.  Yet I am not amongst the blood sucking, utterly confused, completely selfish female protagonists of the Pyaar ka Punchnama Series. But as this is a review of the latest one, I will stick to it. YES YES!! This is a movie review, believe me…No I am not confused… as in I am not always confused…Ok…..

While writing this review two different persons are hammering my head, one is slightly feminist (though I am neither a male chauvinist nor a feminist, I believe in humanitarian feelings, just an irreverent explanation atleast for this piece of writing) and the other just wants to have fun and laugh at the sick jokes. So I decided to exploit my both sides and serve a kichdi, as in tasty mixture….well I think Kichdi is tasty…you might be having a different view…

I had entered the movie theatre just to laugh, there was no preconceived notions, no popping of feminism and no popping of logic even. Because I knew what was coming up, might be hilarious but definitely will lack logic. But contrary to my expectation the picture on celluloid in front of me, was not completely nuts. The depiction of the unorganised despo young guys, giving a damn to cleanliness, money issues and decorum is correct I believe. Guys correct me if I am wrong…please!! But the girls…uff…too girlish…even pinkvilla, Kareena Kapoor and Karan Johar will not agree with what was shown. The depiction of the nagging girls was purely based on conjectures and was cliché, I imitated Karan Johar guys….oho no one got the humour I believe….anyways…. A disadvantage of write ups over video blogging I would say.


Though, I confide that we women, are at times over-emotional and insecure but insensitive…well that I don’t buy. If we think of the hilarious part, yes it is a funny movie with few awe-inspiring dialogues, but the speech or monologue by the guy who was there in the first part as well steals the show…it is funny guys!! But the girls, none of them were funny, infact the female characters were boring, unrealistic and lacked spark. I donot remember any punch line coming out of those pancaked women. However yet I liked the movie…yes I did….because the hilarious part definitely overtakes the anti-women part and hence give you a delectable dose of happy times. There is no doubt that this misogynist movie definitely will be adored by men, and fortunately or unfortunately women will also end up laughing and giggling. Hence I say it is a good watch as it really frees you of all tensions during its tenure and though the portrayal of women is grossly incorrect, yet it is fun to watch. So go for it!!!


Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment