Monday 26 January 2015

Family makes us complete

Its been a long time since I wrote my last blog, but the gap was spent interestingly. After more than a year, I went to my home city, Tilottoma Kolkata. The city really has a spirit distinctively different from others but the pull that I feel is most effective due to my family being there. I just love the city, and now that I have returned to the city of lights, suddenly I find it so alien. Well it's a temporary syndrome that I always suffer from, as I return from Kolkata. 

But this trip was special in ways more than one. My current narrative highlights one such high points. This time my in laws Baba and Mamoni (Father-in-law and mother-in-law respectively) had arranged a welcome party for us. A lovely gathering for our belated wedding anniversary celebrations, which provided us with the opportunity of meeting all our near and dear ones, at the same time and under the same roof.

The venue, all set to welcome

My look, Go traditional

Curls for a change

It really felt heavenly receiving all that love and blessings. The chic venue, banquet hall in the Park Hotel, the loved faces, mouth smacking food and Rabindra Sangeet, a complete bliss marked the beginning of our trip. 

With Mamoni and Avishek

With my Didis

With Nirmala Mishra

A moment with Rabindra Sangeet

Celebrated Bengali Singer Smt Nirmala Mishra, is my Mom in law's aunt, and her presence made our day all the more special. After all when a singing maestro like her is around, how can the occasion roll without a bit of beats, and the expected happened. It's actually overwhelming to witness the talent exhibition of so many of our near and dear ones. That afternoon witnessed a lot of talent and fun. 

Food Food

My narrative will be incomplete without the mention of the lavish lunch spread. I loved the fish Orly the most. Starting from virgin mojito, to a filling non vegetarian lunch spread and finally complimented by Bengal special sweets. I am sure the guests had quite a treat and so did we.

And finally I really want to thank my family for that warm welcome, however thanking them is always unfair. This gathering will always remain with me, how true it is when they say "family makes us complete".

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta
Pics courtesy Avishek Sengupta (my husband)

2 comments: