Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Royal Demazong, Gangtok

As I witness the enormity of mountains, I feel so meagre with my small problems of life and living.
As I witness the clouds kissing the greenery and settling in the valley's grave embrace, I feel my cheeks turn pink.
As I witness the rising sun and the setting one, painting the sky in different hues, I feel blessed to be alive to see it all.
Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


The Chola Range from The Royal Demazong

 This was my first experience of holidaying with Club Mahindra. And to say the least I cherished every bit of my stay at “The Royal Demazong” in Gangtok. Derived from the Tibetan word Denzong meaning valley of rice, Demazong redefines luxury accompanied by heartwarming hospitality in a remote place like Gangtok. Facing the illustrious Chola range and a sneak peak to the mountain roads leading to Nathula pass, the resort provides its guests with a million dollar, thirst quenching view. The interiors have the distinct Sikkimese flavor yet the amenities are very modern and tastefully designed.


The Sikkimese style lobby

The Royal Demazong

The winding path leading to the Resort

The enchanting view

Our room



The tasteful furnishing

We had taken two studio rooms, 33 and 34. With a comfortable double bed, well maintained bathroom and a traditional eating area, the rooms had all we required. But the best part was the balcony overlooking the greenery of mountains. From sunrise to sunset the changing mountain ambiance is worth noticing and living. A distant village, a cloud of smoke from the chimney of a hut, the slow mountain music from festivities at a distant and eventually the moon shining on the enormity.


The beauty of solitude

The breeze caress the flags

A distant village

The food was good and available at subsidized rates for members like us. The chef personally cooked meat the way we wanted, which was commendable. The resort had a small garden, children play area and indoor activity area very essential for evenings in hill stations. The restaurant, named Orchid was a lovely place to put up, in the evenings, karaoke and games were organized there for the guests.
However what I loved most was the warm reception, the smiling faces and commendable hospitality we received. A vacation is a time when we just want to be away from daily chores and be amidst the warmth of divine gaiety. We want to relax. And this is only possible if we get the apt ambiance for it. Club Mahindra’s resort is a 15 minutes’ drive from the hustle bustle life, which adds to the relaxation quotient. Lastly I thank club Mahindra and all the resort crew for making our stay worthy and enough for getting etched in our hearts forever.
Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta
Pics courtesy Avishek Sengupta (my husband)

2 comments:

  1. Great to find another Club Mahindra member, Aritra :)
    Even I visited this wonderful Sikkim resort.
    Thanks for refreshing my trip!
    I am yet to share my pics though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than the resort, which was offcourse great, i loved the hospitality. Waiting for your pics :-). Have u been to other club mahindra properties?

      Delete