Monday 5 January 2015

31st night, a night of fun and madness....

I returned home early with loads of hope and a feeling of high already. It was 31st December 2014, time passes truly at the blink of an eye. The memories of 31st night 2013 was still fresh, in my mind. I wanted to return home early and get ready for the most happening evening of the year, a day when the entire world parties, the entire world dances and rises a toast to the very new beginning. The beginning of a new journey, with new dreams and new challenges! 

Avishek had returned from Delhi and was still recovering from the thermal shock, thanks to the difference in temperatures in the two cities. I returned home and was soon struck with the realization, that I had too much to do. A quick shower followed by ritualistic homage to God, followed by the tedious work of choosing the correct outfit (overcoming- I have nothing to wear syndrome) and then finally getting ready and lastly the toughest part, being satisfied with the look.

I chose a "Vero Moda" red skirt and paired it with a lovely "Only" beige satin top, and was about to feel happy of my look, when the worst moment of my night arrived. The incense stick that I had kept by the window after paying homage, had made two small holes in my skirt without my knowledge. I felt lost for a few minutes :-(. But Avishek gave courage to rework and I finally settled for another "Vero Moda" party dress.

Nilesh, Shalaka, Avishek and me set forth to have a blast, we had tickets of a New Year Bash organised at Thane called "UPSURGE2014". The roads as expected were crowded than usual, we reached th venue at 10:00 pm.

I would like to congratulate the organising commitee of the Programme, for the good food, great music and really well maintained party atmosphere. The safety part was specially looked after, which was great.

Overall it was real fun and we partied hard till late night.  And welcomed the new year in an euphoric mood, marking the beginning of great, new things. Thanks to my dear friends and also Upsurge2014 for the lovely experience.

A very happy NEW YEAR!!

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


A few glimpses of the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment