Tuesday 30 December 2014

2014 A Quick RECAP

I clearly remember, last 31st December I had boozed (actual boozing and not pretending to do so) for the very first time. Three mid night tequila shots at Slice of lime, with my husband Avishek and two of our closest friends Shalaka and Nilesh. My first ever high, Shalaka’s strange laugh after the shots, we returning home leaving our cars in the mall’s parking area etc.  With complete madness and sheer joy, the year started only to unfold some lovely moments and off course its share of sadness.

Nilesh and Avishek, 31st Dec 2013

Unfortunately, this was the first year since I left Kolkata, that for the 365 days I did not get to visit my city of joy. But every cloud has a silver lining, and my mom’s and my mom in law’s visit to Mumbai was that. So even though we could not go to visit our family, our family came down to visit us.

Ma at Mumbai

Career wise, this year was critical. I changed my job after a long period of dissatisfaction and anguish. And finally felt better and more settled professionally.

This was a year marked with many small but fun trips to nearby places. When monsoon dawned with its signature grey clouds, heavy downpour and thirst quenching greenery, we along with mom went to explore the illustrious and untouched jungles of Matheran. Avishek had his most thrilling driving experience so far. Then started the Goa fever, we along with some lovely friends conquered the Tropical paradise, not once but twice this year. Once during the festival of lights and again during Christmas. The first trip was to the lively and colorful Baga beach and the last to the serenity of Cavelossim.

Matheran

Dancing by the bay, Baga beach

The entire group, Cavelossim

This Durga Puja was special too, I and Avishek both participated in plays and the best part was, both the plays attracted lot of positive reviews.

Avishek's play

My play

This year I also discovered my knack of fashion sense, I discovered a newer me this Puja. Frankly I never before, gave fashion a thought, though I was always choosy. But mixing the traditional with the contemporary, playing with different colors and fabrics came to me lately.

In a white Dhakai

In a monotone silk

Traditional

This year gave me blogging, a passion which always laid dormant within my inner self surfaced in 2014. I thank all the people who took out few minutes to read my narratives. Lastly I enrolled in the Dancing Hobby Club today (30th of December 2014).  And am about to indulge, in another form of art, very close to my heart. I thank all my friends, family and specially my husband for giving me all the happiness. In 2014 I have discovered myself.


I don't know what madness awaits for me tomorrow (31st December 2014), but I am looking forward to it. Wish all of you a very happy 2015, just remember now is what we have. So live life to the fullest and don't waste energy in negative feelings, rather exhaust yourself in creativity. 



Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

2 comments:

  1. Wish you and your family Very Happy New year 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u and a very happy new year to you too.....

      Delete