Saturday 6 December 2014

Exotics to Conquer

Exotics yet to be conquered

“The tranquil blueness of the sea beacons me,
The green country side asks me for company,
The colourful city life wants me to party hard,
The placid mountains look down at me with love.”

It’s strange but true, that I have never travelled outside India. But I have always felt a connection with many exotic locations in the world. I have felt that they beacon me to conquer their beauty and uniqueness and preserve it forever within me. I always call myself an aspiring traveller. Studies, job etc have kept me too busy and drifted from my travelling passion. But I guess and hope with all my heart and soul, for my globe trotting to begin soon.

When I saw this contest on Indivine by Airbnb, I was extremely trilled to know about the availability of unique homes in exotic locales across the globe. I never knew about this concept before and thought it to be great. Afterall nothing can be compared to the feeling of “feeling at home” even when home is actually away “a hundred miles”. While it’s actually impossible for me to point out only five places of interest across the globe, but still the ones too close to my heart are:

  1. Bali: Blue is my colour and hence tranquil serenity of tropical destinations have always attracted me. The golden sand ultimately embraces the blueness of the massive and powerful sea. The transparent waters, the colourful rocks beneath, the smooth coolness of the breeze, the brittle softness of the sand and the never ending blue sky above! A beautiful sea beach is an epitome of natural beauty to me. It kind of sets your spirits free. You feel colourful, you look colourful. The euphoria breathes life in you and relieves you of all stress. Actually I am simply a beach lover, but Bali is one of the most wonderful exotica I want to conquer.

  1. Spain: Spain had always been in my wish list. From exotic beaches to places of historical importance like Madrid and Barcelona. Spain has it all, to quench the thirst of a wandering traveller. It has a feeling, difficult to describe in words.  The movie “Zindagi na milegi dobara” actually infused this craze to go through the feeling in me all the more. The stony roads, the smell of history, the culture, the songs and dances and the bull all make it too attractive to be ignored. It also has exotic beaches to offer. Lastly a Spanish holiday is something; I cannot offer to miss in this life.

  1. Amsterdam: While Amsterdam is more known for its exotic night life, but my interest is more in the numerous museums the place is stacked with. Being the capital of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, its historical interest actually overrides the red light district attraction. I had loved to read Hazel and Gus romance in the streets of Amsterdam in John Green’s “The fault in our stars.” Its natural beauty and metropolitan features makes it apt for all type of travelers.

  1. Paris: Oh! Paris….Its been my dream destination for so long. Just waiting to witness its excellence. The city of style and fashion. The capital of France is a great tourist puller from across the globe. Whether it’s the night view of the Eiffel Tower or the uniqueness of the Louvre Museum. Paris has it all to offer to the world audience. Like most desired destinations across the globe, Paris too has an inherent feeling attached to it. The chic quotient reigns supreme when we talk of it.

  1. New Zealand: Though head over heels in love with the euphoria attached with beaches, the placid beauty of snow-capped mountains of New Zealand attract my fancies too strongly. The beautiful greenery of the valley and Grey Mountains around infuses so much life that it is possible to dream with open eyes. The life is more like living a dream there. Hence I dream to live there for a few days in my life.

 The world is much more beautiful than we can even imagine, it has got a destination for every traveller. Besides the five places I have mentioned there are many more that I want to behold. The real wish list is never ever going to end.

Airbnb offers an exciting range of homes away from home across the world. You can even list your property if interested. Here’s my wish list of the locales and homes I wish to visit:Exotics yet to be conquered
And here is my referral link:Aritra's Referral  log in to get added benefits if you are planning to travel or list your property.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


No comments:

Post a Comment