Wednesday 17 December 2014

The sad story of buds which could not blossom

The day had started normal for parents of children going to the military run school in Peshawar, Pakistan. Little did they know what awaited their fate! How could they guess that this Tuesday (16th December 2014) would turn to a black one, and create dreaded memories for a life time!

I do not know if my writing about the Peshawar Attack will create any difference, in fact I am sure it won’t. But I don’t care! I want to write and vent my feelings to the world which is largely turning into a jungle filled with wild animals. A bunch of fanatics running into the premises of a school and firing and bombing, is at least not possible in a civilised society!

Who are they? What have they become and why? What do they want? Neither do I know nor do I want to know! No religion, no school of thought, no religious guru can teach or preach an action as condemnable as this one. What are we heading towards? Are we actually gradually getting accustomed to living in a world full of uncertainties? None of us know when some fanatic would attack our city or part of city and snatch us of our lives. Are humans still worthy of calling themselves social animals? I guess the social part has been expunged long back. Lighting candles in the name of the dead is just not enough!

Pakistan, which has always been known for giving refuge to anti socials and terrorist groups and treating them as national assets might not be in my good books, that does not stop me as a human to feel for the massacre victims. The kids whose lives were ended before it could start; the parents who lost their heartbeats did not deserve this treatment from life. We cannot give life so how dare do we attempt to take it away?


I as a human want to stand by the hundreds of wailing mothers, the devastated fathers, the kids fighting with life and death in hospitals. My narrative is my humble request to all those deaf ears, please stop this violence, please behave as human for once and all, live and let live. 


Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

2 comments:

  1. I am saddened by the fact that in-spite of getting support from India in this matter Pakistan still released the mastermind of Mumbai attack. I am sorry to note that state that support terrorism suffer like this. Every time I think of those innocent children I shudder in fear and think - RIP Humanity.

    ReplyDelete