Saturday 27 December 2014

The confession Room!!

"Kitna chain hota hai na sachchai mein!" by Kinley


I am believer of existence of true love. In this era of internet dating, one night stands and vulnerable relationships, I still believe that unconditional love very much exists and weighs heavy on the philosophies of ego clashes and short term relationships. Many people believe that it's the impact of the western lifestyle and fast living that tolerance level of people have decreased and to an extent that ego clashes are frequent and sometimes strong enough to break the soft bonding love and passion. But I agree to disagree to this philosophy. To me a relationship is like a sky scrapper, the strength and lastingness of which, solely depend on the foundation. The stronger the foundation, the stronger the bonding. Again there are many elements that conglomerate to build a Herculean foundation. Love is the most prominent building block, however no passion can last long without mutual respect and more importantly TRUST. The vulnerabilities and intolerance attached to the relationships of the so called young generation, is more due to insufficient gauging of each other's emotions and plunging into a relationship prematurely. And then unable to keep up the trust factor.

Love can happen once, twice or many times, it's definitely not infidelity to fall in love again after parting ways with your partner. But keeping the TRUST factor going strong is very important. And it is also of utmost importance to make your partner aware of your past instead of keeping him or her in darkness. After-all the peace of  mind associated with truth and honesty is priceless and the initial hurdles of discomfort are meagre compared to it. I have always chosen the tough way of truthfulness in my life so far, an ability I have inherited from my late father. 

When I came across the new indivine topic by Kinley "Kitna Chain hota hai na sachchai mein", I was in a state of dilemma. I did not actually wanted to enter the confession room. But later I decided to take a plunge and a share a bit of my life with you. Frankly Kinley's video acted as an inspiration (included at the beginning of the post).

When I fell in love for the first time, I was a kid in class X. Everything seemed to be the unfolding of a fairy tale, rosy and beautiful. However things did not turn out to be too well later and we parted ways months before I had joined my Engineering college. The trauma and the excruciating pain, left  me shattered to believe, never to fall in love again. Life moved on, and I confined myself inside an invisible cocoon and stayed away from all these painful emotions. It was simpler to be a loner than to be left alone, whatever may be the reason.


It was not too long before I met my now husband and then senior. I do not remember the sparks to ignite in our first or second meet. I guess it was very gradual. Basically my frame of mind, was not allowing me to feel the magic again. He did express his feeling of liking but the relationship started much later, after months of introspection, long discussions over the phone and some infrequent meetings. During this whole phase of knowing each other and getting friendly, my mind always drifted to think of disclosing my past to him. I hesitated, fearing his reaction. But I knew I had to face it some day. After all even that day, I was a firm believer of true love and strong foundation of a relationship. I wanted him to be able to TRUST me always, I wanted him to know me clearly. 

That day we were seated next to each other, in a pleasant February morning, on the benches in front of the college canteen. I had decided to express what I felt for him and also the reason of my reluctance to getting into a relationship. Confiding was not as difficult as I had imagined, he supported me to bring myself out. It's not that, a frown did not appear  on his forehead at my revelation, but he was actually and completely fine with it. That day I knew, he was my best buddy, which I believe till date.


I felt light and happy, I felt honest and loved the feeling of it. Its very true that the path to honest living is not hurdle free but the peace of mind is priceless. KITNA CHAIN HOTA HAI NA SACHCHAI MEIN!!!!

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta




























No comments:

Post a Comment