Saturday 27 December 2014

Hubby’s birthday special

In this hectic fast paced life, special days should essentially be enjoyed to the fullest. The fun, the surprise and the euphoria acts as a rejuvenating mixture and breathes fresh life. I enjoy getting pleasantly surprised,the sudden hit of extreme gaiety acts like tequila shots and gives an immediate high. But as much as I enjoy the pampering, I also enjoy to pamper. I will never forget how my mother had burst into tears of joy, when I had sent her a surprise birthday cake for the first time.

Similarly every year, I try to do something new on Avishek, my husband's birthday, to bring a smile to his face. This year I had a great idea in my mind.His birthday comes on the 24th of December and we had plans to be in Goa  till the 22nd. So I planned of having a Pre-birthday cake cutting session by the bay. I felt great imagining him cutting his birthday cake, amidst the candle lights, the soft sand beneath and the gushing waves of the Arabian Sea.

However health was not too much in my favor and I got a bad migraine attack that day, but I did not loose hope. By evening when I had almost recovered from the excruciating headache, I started planning to get the cake. With drowsiness still weighing heavy on other emotions due to pain killer intake, I managed to ask my friends to get the cake before we reach the spot. But unfortunately they could not get to a good cake shop.  I could not let the beautiful moment pass by, so by God's grace I got hold of a guy who said he will get a cake for me from the famous beach shack in Baga,Brittos.

Yummy cream cake from Brittos

Cake cutting by the bay

Though I could not manage to plan a great beach birthday for him, but we did cut a yummy cream cake by the bay. The star studded sky, the cold sand,the waves and we all wished him a happy birthday. I am glad I could bring a smile to his face. Later after returning back home, I again arranged a proper mid night cake cutting, followed by birthday evening dinner for him.



Our mid night cake cutting moments

Life is not great always, but it's on us what we do to make it special. It's not a compulsion to celebrate special days, but I firmly believe when we look back such moments become high points in any relationship and brings smile to our face. So enjoy every moment as much as you can, create memories, because afterlife and reborn theories may just be myths, so all we have is this one life.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment