Friday 30 January 2015

World at my doorstep

The society today is more virtual than real. Although at times, we condemn the virtual feelings’ precedence over the real ones, but the good impacts cannot be ignored as well. 


Social networking is just a meagre portion of the online era that has dawned on the present generation. Today the world is really at our doorsteps. The entire idea of buying and selling has been turned upside down, with the onset of the philosophy of online shopping. A computer or a smart phone can bring the entire world right in front of us. This saves precious time and hard earned money.



There is no dearth of sites for online buying and selling. But even in this rat race of gaining confidence with the customers, and making a mark, Quikr stands apart. For long it has successfully bought needy buyers to interested sellers or vice versa. I too, had sold some of my old furniture through Quikr at good prices. Hence being a user of Quikr myself, I recommend it to all.  

Now Quikr have added another feather to its cap. It has introduced chat option, for all those using mobile app, mobile site or desktop site. For more details you can explore their website: www.quikr.com

I personally appreciate and congratulate Quikr on this addition. Afterall this is an age of chatting. More so because the pace of life and living is high enough to leave us gasping for breathe. Especially in cities like Mumbai, where we are constantly fighting with the time factor, even making a call takes humongous effort. Chatting definitely comes easy. Following are the reasons why I personally will prefer chatting over a phone call.


  1. Firstly and most importantly it saves time. As a working woman, most of my time is spent sitting in front of the laptop for work.  So chatting will not require an extra effort of me walking over to a place or rather corner, where I am not disturbing others’ work and others are not disturbing my discussion. I can comfortably be at my cubicle, in front of my very own mean machine and indulge. I can quietly communicate with my buyer or seller, along with the smooth continuation of my office job. Hence definitely chatting saves a lot of my time and also energy, when compared to the efforts required for making a call.

  1. Secondly it saves my hard earned money. Making a call always involves spending some, either from my pocket or my employer’s (in case I have company paid mobile-wink). So in this age when all kinds of communication are gradually becoming free, it will be great if getting in contact with the buyer or seller also becomes so.

  1. Lastly, buying and selling are monetary transactions; hence keeping records is a great and fruitful idea. After all we cannot record our over the phone conversations, but chat history does that for us. Whatever we discuss, remains in black and white, and can be referred to in case of any contravention

In this world which slowly shrinking, coming in contact is longer an issue. Hence introducing the chatting system to this buying and selling business, I guess will revolutionise the concept of contacting and communication with relevant people. The ease of action will fasten things and increase the number of interested people. And every action will get Quikr (quicker).




Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment