Friday 15 January 2016

An Ode to Love

When I drown amidst the ocean of nothingness
An impermeable mist envelops my course of life
My head reels and pulse races
To strike a delicious balance, my heart does strive.

The clouds lie low and waves are fiendish
The heaviness of the heart is beyond exegesis
I look around for a ray of hope
And the hope is you, my only bliss!

Some say I am over emotional
Some say I lack the same
The only heart who does not mean to judge
Its yours my love, you can my emotions tame.

When I lack a direction, when I lack oxygen
A hand appears to hold my frail
When I look around with my eyes overflowing with gratitude
Its you again, you reached me though I had left no trail!

I sit by the lake and watch the flamingos around
The setting sun and crimson rays
That I crave to return to my nest of love
It is purely for you, my heart there stays.

Love is an expression
There is no right and no wrong
To me you define Love
The one that I want to sing, you are that song!


To my hubby Avishek for being my best pal
Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


Me and Avishek




2 comments:

  1. Love is the silver line in the clouds, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely..it is a reason to smile and look forward to tomorrow..

      Delete