Tuesday 5 January 2016

Rendezvous with the gone by year


Years come and pass by, creating memories fair

Love, hatred, creativity all that happens is dear

Neither do I regret, nor do I mourn

I only happen to cherish the moments that have flown….

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

2015 has flown by, unknowingly, beautifully creating worthy memories for me. Well, well that is my generic feeling after every year. At times I am sad, furious and irritable but when I look back, I transform to an eternal optimist, only the brighter parts appear to me, the dullness vanishes to thin air. But really, the gone by 365 days of 2015, were more than fulfilling for reasons one and many.

The year had started off with a longing trip to our hometown “Kolkata”, the city which really is a reason of joy to us. Enjoying winters, delectable mommy special coffee and beautiful time composing narratives on the bed, I have spent many memorable nights on. My in-laws had arranged a wonderful get together for our belated anniversary celebrations in “The Park Hotel”. Truly a well spent day, with close knit family, Rabindra Sangeet and offcourse sumptuous Bengali cuisines.

Read by post: Family makes us complete

Then our glorious encounter with nature, with moms to accompany created many narratives out of me. Gangtok is truly beauteous and serene, words defy to define this Paula Dona’s grandeur.

Read my posts on Gangtok:

Returning was never easy, work suddenly seemed to burden more and hurt our backs. But there was reward on the professional front too. I got promoted, yes I proudly stepped a radar higher. Oh Yes! There was quick trip to Lavasa too in between.

Read my post on Lavasa: Vacay at Lavasa

2015 was fulfilling to the narrator Aritra as well. No, I don’t make money out of my narrations, and I believe I will not do so in near future. My chemical engineering keeps me dreadfully occupied, to invest time to monetize my hobby. But there is good news, I completed the manuscript of my first novel and will definitely get it published this year. Fingers crossed!!

I also learned a lot about the blogging sphere and attended “BNLF” organised by “Indiblogger”. So the gone by year, added a lot a creative people to my friend list and humongous knowledge on content creation and content marketing to my knowhow. I met great bloggers, authors and content creators, who have encouraged me to envisage a journey of delicious content created from the gray-matter of mine.

Read my post on BNLF: Commemorating BNLF


ME AT BNLF

And offcourse the cherry to my 2015 cake, was the most awaited break to Udaipur on my birthday, where I and my hubby enjoyed a royal treatment to shed off all the sluggishness that encrusted our free spiritedness. Udaipur was a carnival, return to life.

Read my posts on Udaipur:

Life is worth living. Though stress and absence of work life balance happen to snatch sanity away at times. But family keeps you grounded. To me my husband is the constant source of happiness, life, encouragement and hope. And so with that I wrap up, time to catch some sleep before starting another exhaustive and eventful day of 2016, the newly born year. Till I write next, bye all. Wish you all the best for the memories you are going to create this year. To me I have many dreams and am looking forward to making them true.

I'm sharing my #TalesOf2015 with Blogadda
Cheers to life!!!


Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta




4 comments:

  1. All the best eternal optimist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an optimist Aritra. The Poetry is beautifully penned. A very Happy New Year to you

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche - www.styleapastiche.com - Visit me some time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot..a wonderful year ahead to u :-)

      Delete