Wednesday 18 February 2015

Bed Time stories..:-)

Pampers baby dry pants...a piece of comfort

Once upon a time, there lived a little princess.....and I would continue reading from my collection of fairy tale books. No I am not a mother yet, but here I am referring to my 2 year old niece. Does it really require to be a biological mother to relate to bed time stories? I guess not. We all act mothers at some point of time, either to our kid brother or sister, nephew or niece before actually stepping into motherhood. This virtual motherhood is no less blissful than the real one. Afterall all the emotions attached are true to the core.

My elder sister lived in US at that time and had come to India with her family on an annual visit. My little niece Sohini was only 2 years old and quite an alien to the Indian way of life and living, and most importantly Indian climate. She would not feel too well, in the humidity and dust laden air of Kolkata. And hence would be cranky most of the times. The uncomfortable weather also would not allow her to sleep well.

My father worked with SAIL and we were settled in a township away from the hustle bustle of Kolkata. So when my sister came to our place, from her husband’s house in Kolkata, Sohini’s behaviour went through a radical change. And it is during her stay at my place, that I tasted the bliss of motherhood for the first time.

She had just started speaking and in her unsure structure of sentences, every night she would say “Mimi, tell me stories”. The bed time stories and lullabies had become a part of my teenage life for that few months. How wonderful it is spend time with kids, I had understood then. Their innocent eyes, childish nags and at times irritating cranks take us completely away from the materialist world we belong. Bed time rituals according to me are beneficial mutually to the kid and to the adult alike.


But predominantly bed time rituals are important for the kid to lull off to sleep with a smile. A happy mind ensures a fulfilling sleep. And a fulfilling sleep is very essential for kids. They say kids grow fastest when they are asleep. Besides a child who sleeps peacefully through the night, gives his/her parents a chance to rest as well. And gets up happy and a happy child is like serene morning sunlight, which relieves of all stress.


It’s not that every night I narrated a new story or sang a new song, but she would listen with a new zest, which left me dazzled. Every night she would come up with a new question, answering which intrigued my fancies. Bed time rituals are magical and I will always remember the time I spent with my niece, who is now quite a grown up.

When I came across this topic in indivine “Bed Time rituals” by pampers, I thought of sharing my experience. The video shared at the beginning of this narrative, refreshed my memories. And it’s very true, that to give child a good night’s sleep, bed time rituals and good quality diapers are essential. To know more about pampers please click the following link: Pampers online.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment