Sunday 1 February 2015

My WISHES I wish were true

“I wish to fly high and touch the sky,
But it’s true that all things money can’t buy.
Love, peace and tranquility are priceless to me,
These can’t be bought back home in my shopping spree.”
 Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

Life is all about the dreams we pursue. We are born equivalent, our upbringing and later what we decide for ourselves make us distinguished from the rest of the crowd. We have to think and dream big in order to achieve big. And patience always pays off. Great things do not come overnight; loads of efforts go into the building of a great human. But in this craze of chasing our dreams and making it large, we often tend to give away on the minute emotional wants that we wish to fulfill. And when we get or tend to get stable in life, one fine day, when we sit back and relax, some fleeting thoughts come to us. Have we missed on something? Have we actually ever taken out time to visit our wish bucket and tried to fulfill them?

I am a chemical engineer by profession and have been working for almost six years now. I got married in December 2010, but due to our professional careers, I and my husband stayed in different geographical locations for almost two years. During that phase, coming together was our prime focus.  When we came together in 2012, our focus shifted, we wanted to settle down. We bought our own house in Mumbai, and settling monetary chores took a lot of our precious time and energy. Besides getting accustomed to the fast life of Mumbai was another challenge for us, with relentless fight with the time factor.

But now when I sit at the coziest corner of my apartment on the 16th floor and look down warily at the city lights. I feel I have missed on a few of my moments due to situation demands. And I secretly wish they were true now.



Firstly I wished a dream honeymoon in Maldives, but that time due too lack of proper planning we landed in Kerala. Though we had an awesome time, but my wish remained unfulfilled forever. I don’t know why the serene island of Maldives occupied a special place in my heart, the golden sands and the blue tranquility of the sea attracted my fancies to an extent, that I added it to the top of my travel wish list, but till today I could not set foot on the tropical paradise.



Secondly I wanted to learn dancing. As a kid dancing was my passion and I was good at it too. But circumstances never gave me the opportunity to indulge. Today I wish if time wasn't a factor I would definitely quench my creative thirst. If given a second chance I would surely make it a point to learn what I wanted to.



Lastly I want to take my mom and my in laws on a Euro Trip. After-all they have spent their lives trying to give us all we wanted. It’s now our turn of payback, which is off-course impossible. But yet, a few moments of smile, a few moments of love and a few moments of euphoria can be gifted to the people who mean the world to us.



Life is all about living and making the most of the time allotted to us. My wishes may be cliché, they may not be unique but they are not made up, they are genuine and come from the bottom most part of my heart. If given a second I will most certainly fulfill them, such that when I close my eyes for good, I have smile on my face and a feeling “I have lived the way I had desired”.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta


P.S. This post is a part of the #SecondChance activity at BlogAdda in association with MaxLife Insurance”.




No comments:

Post a Comment