Tuesday 17 February 2015

If only I had the means to :-)


                                          IDBI Federal Lifesurance Whole Life - Befikar Umar Bhar


Life is just not living; it is living to the fullest. But sometimes achieving this, so called fullest becomes an unattainable goal. Our daily chores, sometimes family, sometimes study or at times professionalism takes the driver seat in our life car. And then our lives move on the monotonous path, with being ourselves taking a back seat. Many of us like me, love to pen down our emotional treasures and baggage at times on paper, we love to live through narration. While there are others who love dancing, singing or may be painting. If we sit and think we realize that we have ample time, but channelizing is a challenge. So many a times, our deepest association with some form of art or anything of our choice, remains unattended and untouched. But you know, however difficult our lives are, we should never ever stop dreaming. Even if there is vague possibility of them to be true! But dreaming is living.

I am a dreamer; I do a lot of things, which I desire to do in my dreams. The virtual fulfilment may be immaterial to many, but a blessing to me. At least I welcome the morning sun with a smile, and that’s not worthless, is it? When I came across this topic “Bekikar Umar Bhar” posted by IDBI, I felt it required the narration of many a dreams that cloud my sleep.
Literary maestro Rabindranath Tagore had written:

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
where knowledge is free
where the world has not been broken up into fragments
by narrow domestic walls….

We all dream of a world like that. But if literally my mind can get rid of all worldly fears, out of my long wish list for fulfilment, the following will top the radar.

Many a time’s family life and professional commitments snatch off a lot of my time which I wish to devote to my writing passion. So if I shed off the burden of responsibility, of building a prosperous future for me and my family, I will write and write. I will pour the millions of ideas that conglomerate in my brain cells and put them in black and white. If I have the means to, I will become a write, a story teller.
 
If I did not have to think about the number of zeros appearing on my bank account passbook. I would travel like a true wanderer. I will reach out to every corner of the world and indulge in fulfilment. To me travelling is not just seeing different places, its knowing the soul of the land. And I want to come to terms with the soul of the entire world.
 
If I could, I would definitely learn dancing. It is a dream that I had borne with me since I was a kid. But other commitments never allowed me to follow this passion of mine. So if life was really “befikar”, I will dance my heart out.
 
I am a shopaholic and if money is no constraint, I will shop till I drop. I love watches, dresses, bags, shoes and in short everything that a girl desires. Not that this dream is uncommon, but sometimes it is best to be cliché, and follow your heart.
 
Last but not the least; I will give my family, the best. I will build the most comfortable house for my mother and my in laws, where they can just follow their hearts and relax. I will arrange tours across world’s exotic locales for them and give the best medical attention whenever required. And to the most important family member of mine, I will get the world for my husband.


Life may not actually be stress free. Afterall the light is recognised, only because darkness exists. But there is no bound to imagination, and there should not be any. And I thank this initiative, which intrigues our lost fantasies and gives us a reason to smile. I really loved the IDBI federal Life Insurance video, embedded in the beginning of the narrative. It's a very innovatively portrayed video, propagating positive thinking. For details about IDBI federal Life Insurance, please check the following link :IDBI FEDERAL LIFE INSURANCE

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment