Sunday 31 May 2015

Sunday Mania and Tanu Weds Manu returns

Ready for take off

When we say “humans are not machines” I feel we are not completely correct. Actually we are just like the machines that need battery refill or replace from to time to time to work fine. Jokes apart, I wonder how this weekend concept came into existence. Surely from observing a steady down trend of delivering capacity, the need of rejuvenation struck. Just like recharging of a battery. But sometimes if our charger is not functioning well or there is an issue with the plug point, don’t our mobiles take longer to get recharged? Similarly, a well spent weekend recharges us enough to face the challenges at work place for the five days to come and a sleepy, drooling one leaves us fatigued and stressed.

Feeling happy already



For the last few weekends’ lethargy got over me and Avishek and we really overslept and returned to office on Mondays feeling heavy. This one was different, especially Sunday, i.e., today. A complete utilization to exploitation of time, led to spending an awesome Sunday. 

Our yummy breakfast

Starbucks at Viviana mall

We started off early today, contrary to most holidays. Bed tea made by hubby made my day, almost as it was getting kick started. Movie tickets were booked for “Tanu weds Manu returns” and we decided to watch it after a sumptuous breakfast at starbucks. When we reached, the mall was just opening, with a handful of customers. A mouth smacking breakfast of chicken wrap, chicken sandwich and café latte, promised the day to be beautiful.

An entertaining movie for sure

For the movie I had initially intended to write separately, but later decided otherwise. “Tanu weds Manu returns” is a complete entertainer. It amazed and amused me to see the overpowering and convincing act that Kangana Ranaut had put up for a completely non realistic, brainless script.  Frankly I do not know if it is for the masses or classes and frankly I do not believe in any such distinction, but I left the theatre with a smile and feeling light. Kangana is omnipresent beautifully in all frames with delightful support from Jimmy Shergil, Swara Bhaskar and others. However R. Madhavan is hardly felt, though he carried out the silenced act nicely enough, but his silence and confused mind irritates a bit. But in totality, if you are looking for some light moments, fun punches and loud laughter, catch this one. And if you are not looking for any of these, still catch this one only to see Kangana’s conviction, her effortless acting, her Haryanvi accent  and her skill of the craft. This movie was an icing to my succulent Sunday cake.

Madhavan confused, Kangana at her best

Later a delectable lunch of Muttun Roganjosh, Rumali Roti and Malai Kulfi with Rabri at The Yellow Chilli made me content, added loads of calories and ended our day long Sunday expedition. We had started when the mall was empty, when we left not before loads of window shopping; the mall was crowded and abuzz.

The Yellow Chilli

Tomorrow, when Monday morning blues and blows strike, I will be happy atleast to have made most of my weekend. 

The pics of me that I have shared are clicked by my Husband Avishek and he is quite upset that I did not click any good pic of his ;-)

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

No comments:

Post a Comment